It’s no secret, dating is a challenge at any age, and this is especially true in which social distancing has become the norm. In particular, those who are over the age of 50 often struggle with things such as feeling like your ideas about dating are outdated, feeling pressured to find the perfect mate as soon as possible, baggage from past marriages/relationships, being set in your own ways, and many other issues.
Luckily, no matter what age you may be, dating apps can be a great way to meet new people without pressure, and they also allow you to filter out the riff-raff without wasting a ton of time and energy.
If you are over the age of 50 who is interested in reigniting your dating life, here is a list of the top 3 dating apps that you should definitely be subscribed to, as well as the pros and cons of each of them.
Best Dating Sites for those 50 and Older
While there is a wide variety of dating apps on the market, there are a few that stand out for those who are 50 and older. In particular, these apps are EliteSingle.com, Match.com, and eharmony.com. Although there is no way to guarantee your success on any site and some sites work much better than others, for many reasons, each of these apps has its pros and cons. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how each of these apps measures up to one another.
A website that was created for the purpose of helping single professionals and specifically focuses on those who are between the ages of 30-50. Focusing on those who are mature and seeking to create meaningful connections, this site is highly revered because it is known for having a good success rate and pairs people based both on physical preferences and their personalities. That said, here are the pros and cons of using this app:
- Free Membership: One of the major pros of using this app is that it has a free membership option as well as various affordable subscription options.
- Blog: Another benefit is that the site includes a blog that provides advice and tips to help users make the most of the site.
- Quality Match-Making: As mentioned, Elite Singles asks a wide variety of questions to ensure that it has a good understanding of its users in order to properly match them with each other.
- Limited Communication: Another negative aspect of Elite Singles is that unless you purchase the premium package, communication is limited.
- Time-Consuming Sign-up Process: Also, although the extensive line of questioning can be beneficial, it also makes the sign-up process incredibly time-consuming.
Now available in 50+ countries, Match.com is one of the most used dating apps of people of all ages, and all over the world. As one of the oldest and most trusted dating apps in existence, many people turn to match in order to find their partners and make meaningful connections. Moreover, it is also known for being one of the first sites of its kind that took the time to ask questions which allow the experts to match them with those who they are much likely to have meaningful connections with.
- International: Given that Match is available in 50+ states, you can use the app to connect with people all over the world.
- Easy to Use: Additionally, many people love Match because it is very easy to use.
- Free Guarantee: Match is so confident in the service they provide that they offer users a free 6-month subscription if they do not find a serious match within the first 6 months.
- Overwhelming: On the other hand, given how massive this platform is, it can be overwhelming for people who are looking to meet one good person and start a relationship.
- Pricing: Another negative is that the site tends to cost a tad more than most dating sites.
- Limited Contact: Similar to Elite Singles, Match only allows users to have limited contact without purchasing a paid membership.
As one of the leading dating sites in this country, eHarmony is a great site for those who are looking to date and connect in the near future. With over 10 million users, eHarmony has become a go-to dating site for people of all ages. Nevertheless, eHarmony also has its own pros and cons:
- Long-term Matches: One of the top benefits of eHarmony is that it helps match users for the long-term. Given that they use an extensive amount of questions about the relationship goals of its users, eHarmony is a great site to go to if you are seeking a long-term relationship.
- Daily Matches: Additionally, eHarmony provides most of its users with matches on a daily basis. This makes it ideal for those looking to meet a lot of people before choosing a partner.
- Patented Compatibility Quiz: Moreover, the technology used is based on the preferences, habits, goals, etc., which makes it possible to receive better matches.
- Easy to Use: eHarmony is known for having a very user-friendly interface.
- Extensive Sign-Up: Much like Elite Singles, the process to sign up for eHarmony is rather extensive and time-consuming.
- No Search Function: Additionally, there is no function. This means that all users are at the mercy of the site’s professionals in order to find their matches.
Overall, although there are plenty of dating sites, eHarmony is one of the best for those who are 50 and older. This is because it helps by filtering out those who are not interested in serious relationships from the beginning and uses a patented compatibility quiz that has a proven ability to match people based on who they are as a person and what they want from their relationships and partners.