You don`t want to be scammed when doing online dating, but how do you find a dating site that is safe when there are so many to choose from? If you’re returning to dating after spending the major part of your life as part of a couple, it can be an understandably terrifying prospect.
But don`t fear, the large majority of people using dating sites are genuine and honest in the information they give and in their reasons for joining. Though there are exceptions, and you need to be aware of how to keep yourself protected while meeting people online, more on that below.
The safest dating site for seniors is eharmony, it`s a member of the online dating association(ODA) and they routinely review accounts for inconsistent or suspect behavior.
Why is eharmony a safe dating site?
- You can and should use eHarmony’s online messaging system to communicate with matches/people so you don’t have to give your personal details such as phone number, address, or email.
- If you are meeting somebody from online, then meeting in public places for the first few dates is also a smart choice.
- Posting your picture on a dating site might appear like something to worry about, but your profile will only be shown to someone who is a clear potential match for you and your profile won’t show up in Google searches.
- Your information’s kept safe with eHarmony. Only you can choose to divulge your personal information –it’s all as private as you require. eHarmony’s messaging service takes the concern away so you can have things like your email address and phone number private until you’re ready.
Online Dating safety tips for seniors
Use these safety tips when online dating:
You should take a look if the dating site you are using is a member of the Online Dating Association (ODA). This membership indicates that the site has to commit to an industry code of practice that includes fair communication with users, protecting their privacy, and giving a mechanism for reporting abuse. The inclusion of the ODA’s logo on the site indicates membership.
Use eharmony’s secure messaging system. Always be alert of someone who quickly asks to move communication off the dating site platform. It`s common that users who don’t have the best intentions, try to take the interaction off the dating site, as soon as possible.
Never share financial or private information:
- Don`t give out your credit card number or bank account information.
- Never share your social security number or other private information like your address that can be used to access your financial information.
- This is super important don`t send money or goods to a person.
Do this if somebody is behaving suspiciously. Please stop interacting with a person that pressures you for this information and report the user.
Eharmony for seniors
Eharmony is pretty much the best site for seniors looking for a serious commitment. Eharmony is ranked first in creating marriages than any other dating site and is supposedly responsible for generating 4% of marriages in the U.S. They’re super confident in their matchmaking abilities, too, because they make a guarantee that if you’re not convinced in three months, they’ll give you another three months for free.
Re-entering the dating scene after a lengthy absence can be scary, but it’s also fun, interesting, and mind-broadening. You’ll meet fascinating new people and go to places you haven’t been to before. It’s suitable to do things that challenge you, particularly as you get older as it will keep you adventurous and young at heart.