If you want to know how to flirt with a guy or girl over text, this is your go-to guide! Teaming up with some of the best relationship experts in the field, we’ve got all the tips and examples you’ll need to send flirty texts that are sure to get attention.
While face-to-face flirting is great, there’s something extra thrilling about flirting over a text message. Maybe it’s the fact that you can take your time to craft the perfect response, or maybe it’s the anticipation of waiting for the reply. Regardless, there’s no denying that flirting over text is an art form that takes practice. Let’s go over tips for guys and girls to help you step up your flirting game.
For guys flirting with girls over text examples
1. Start with a simple “Hey” or “What’s up?” This is a great way to get the conversation going without coming on too strong.
2. Compliment her- but don’t overdo it! A genuine compliment about something specific will go a lot further than generic compliments like “you’re pretty” or “you’re cool.”
3. Make her laugh! Everyone loves to laugh, so a funny text is sure to get attention. Try to think of something clever or witty to say- it’ll show that you’re not taking the conversation too seriously.
4. Keep it light and fun- remember that you’re just flirting, not trying to start a relationship. Many guys go wrong by getting too serious or intimate too quickly.
5. Ask her questions about herself- show that you’re interested in getting to know her better. Ask questions that can’t be answered with a simple yes or no; this will keep the discussion going.
6. Use proper grammar and spelling- nothing is more off-putting than a text full of typos and bad grammar.
7. Don’t be afraid to use emojis- they can add personality to your texts and help you communicate your feelings without words. Don’t go overboard, but a few well-placed emojis can really spice up a conversation.
8. Wait for her to respond before sending another text- you don’t want to come across as desperate or clingy. Don’t start bombarding her with texts if she doesn’t respond right away; give her some time to reply.
9. Make sure your texts are appropriate- there’s a fine line between flirting and being creepy, so make sure you don’t cross it! Nobody likes a creeper, so play it safe and keep your texts respectful.
10. Missing that face right now. Send me a photo of it.
11. I feel like I’ve won the lottery with you.
12. Damn, you have a dog! Does that mean I’ll never win the “best ever cuddler” title?
13. Are you free this weekend? I’d love to take you out for coffee or ice cream or something. Don’t be vague- let her know what you have in mind so she can decide if she’s interested. Have something planned when you ask her out so you don’t have to come up with a date on the spot.
14. Hey gorgeous! Just thinking about you and wanted to say hi!
15. I’m not sure what your favorite thing is, but I’ll do my best to find out so I can do it more often.
16. You looked incredible the other day. Seriously, stop being so perfect!
17. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
18. What’s your favorite TV show/movie/book? I feel like we have similar taste in ____.
19. I had a dream about you last night…
20. I’m really attracted to your mind and personality. And your face, of course.
21. What are your plans this weekend? Of course, apart from hanging out with me.
For girls flirting with guys over text examples
Here are some general tips to keep in mind when flirting with a guy over text:
1. Be confident: There’s nothing sexier than a woman who knows what she wants and goes after it. So be confident when you’re flirting with a guy over text! Don’t be afraid to be bold and make the first move. He’ll appreciate your confidence and be more likely to respond positively.
2. Be playful: Another great way to build attraction and keep things fun is by being playful in your texts. This doesn’t mean that you should always be cracking jokes (although a funny quip here and there definitely won’t hurt!) but it does mean finding ways to maintain a lighthearted tone in your conversation. Bantering back and forth is a great way to do this.
3. Be vague: One way to keep things interesting is by being somewhat mysterious in your texts. This means not giving away too much information about yourself or your plans for the future.
Instead, try hinting at things or painting a picture with your words. This will give him something to ask about the next time he contacts you, keeping the conversation going and preventing it from fizzling out too soon.
4. Use emojis!: Emojis are a fantastic tool for flirting over text because they add an element of fun and playfulness to your conversations. They can also help convey emotions or feelings that might be difficult to describe in words alone. Just be careful not to overdo it – too many emojis can come across as juvenile or unprofessional. A few well-placed ones will do the trick!
5. Pay attention to his replies: Another important thing to keep in mind when texting someone you’re interested in is paying attention to his replies. See how long it takes him to answer your texts, what kind of tone he uses, and whether or not he asks any follow-up questions. This will give you a good idea of whether or not he’s actually interested in pursuing a conversation with you further.
6. Take things offline eventually: While there’s nothing wrong with getting lost in a great conversation over text message, at some point you’re going to want to take things offline if you’re interested in pursuing things further with this guy. Otherwise, all you’re doing is engaging in what’s known as “textation” – basically just wasting each other’s time by texting back and forth without ever actually making plans to meet up in person! So don’t forget to make those concrete plans sooner rather than later on in the conversation so you don’t get stuck in text limbo land forever!
7. Don’t forget these examples!: And last but not least, don’t forget these crucial flirtatious texting examples! These responses are surefire ways to let him know that you’re interested and keep the conversation going so he’ll be eager to text you again soon:
“You’re such a smooth talker!”
“I can’t help but smile when I read your texts.”
“I’ve been thinking about you all day long.”
“I can’t wait to see you again.”
“Your texts always brighten my day.”
Conclusion: Keep it light and fun, be yourself, and go after what you want! And don’t forget to use these examples the next time you’re flirting with a guy over text. Good luck!