Just about every guy has been in the same exact position at some point in his life: He sees an absolutely gorgeous girl but has no clue how to ask her out. It’s a nerve-wracking situation, to say the least. However, there’s no need to fear. Asking a girl out over text is actually surprisingly easy – as long as you know what to say (and what not to say).
Here are a few cute ways how to ask a girl out over text:
1. Keep it short and sweet. Don’t write a novel – just a simple, straightforward question will do. Something like, “Hey, I’d love to take you out sometime. Are you free at…? ” is perfect. Remember to suggest a specific day and time so she can actually say yes or no.
2. Be thoughtful about timing. Don’t send your text right after you see her – that can come across as desperate.
Instead, wait a few hours (or even a day) before sending your text. This will give you time to think of something clever to say, and also make sure she’s not busy when she gets your message.
3. Make sure you have her number first! This one seems like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many guys try to ask a girl out over text without even having her number. So before you do anything else, make sure you’ve got her digits.
4. Pay attention to her response. If she responds with something short or doesn’t respond at all, it’s probably not a good idea to ask her out over text. On the other hand, if she responds with a long, enthusiastic message, she’s probably into you.
When it comes to asking a girl out over text, there are a few things you definitely want to avoid if you want to stand any chance of success.
- One of the most common mistakes guys make when asking a girl out over text is being too wordy. Instead of sending a long, rambling message, keep it short and sweet. You don’t need to pour your heart out or write a poem; just let her know that you’re thinking about her and would like to take her on a date.
- Don’t come on too strong. There’s nothing quite as off-putting as an over-eager guy, so keep your texts light and easy-going.
- Avoid being too reliant on emoticons and exclamation points – it makes you look needy and desperate. Instead, let your natural charisma shine through in your texts.
- Don’t be afraid to be a little bit flirty – but make sure you don’t cross the line into sleazy territory. A little bit of playful banter is always welcome when you’re texting a girl you’re interested in. So long as you avoid these common mistakes, you should have no trouble asking a girl out over text like a pro.
- Don’t send a generic message. Asking a girl out via text should be reserved for when you have something specific and personal to say. Don’t just send a generic “Hey, let’s go on a date” message – she’s likely to ignore it or even block you if she’s not interested. Be more creative and specific in your approach.
- Don’t be pushy. If she says she’s busy or not sure about a specific day, don’t keep pushing her to commit to something. Just let it go and try again another time.
- Don’t overthink it. At the end of the day, asking a girl out over text is not a big deal. So don’t overthink it and go for it! The worst that can happen is she says no, and you move on.
- Girls love it when you plan a date instead of saying, “What do you want to do?” or “We can do anything you want.”
3. Text message
Texting is the easiest way to ask a girl out. If you know her, send her a quick text and you’re good to go.
If you don’t know the girl at all, your aim is to establish a sequence of texts that are lighthearted and good in nature. This creates a good mood and opens the door for you to pop the big question, even if it’s only a date you’re asking for.
- Texting is a great way to ask a girl out because it gives you the chance to think about what you want to say before you say it. Plus, it’s a low-pressure way to gauge her interest before you ask her out in person.
4. A few text ideas – 10 cute ways to ask a girl out over text:
1. “I’m starting to think you have a superpower – the ability to make me smile no matter what’s going on in my life.”
2. “I would really like to see your beautiful face again soon.”
3. “I know this great little coffee shop downtown, want to grab a cup with me tomorrow?”
4. “I have tickets to the new blockbuster movie everyone’s been talking about, would you like to join me?”
5. “Bowling, laser tag, miniature golfing… whatever you want to do, I’m game if you are.”
6. “My friends are always asking me why I’m still single. I bet they’ll be even more puzzled when they find out I’m dating you.”
7. “Can I interest you in a date this weekend?”
8. “I’m going to be in your neck of the woods next week, any chance you want to get together?”
9. “I know this great little restaurant that I think you would really enjoy. Care to join me for dinner one night this week?”
10. “I think you’re really special and I would love to get to know you better. Would you be interested in going out on a date with me?”
You should use these for ideas, try to add your own personal flair to them, and keep them short and sweet.
5. She’s interested
You’re probably wondering how you’ll know if she’s interested after asking her out over text. The first thing to look for is how quickly she responds to your texts. If she generally takes a while to respond but replied quickly after you asked her out, that’s a good sign. It shows that she’s interested and excited about the prospect of going on a first date with you.
Another thing to look for is whether she provides any additional information in her replies. If she gives short, one-word answers, it’s likely that she’s not very interested. On the other hand, if she asks questions or provides more information than necessary, it shows that she’s curious and wants to know more about you.
Finally, pay attention to her tone. If she sounds enthusiastic and positive, it’s a good indication that she’s interested.
Conversely, if she sounds bored or disinterested, it’s likely that she doesn’t want to go on a date with you.
By paying attention to these signs, you’ll be able to tell whether she’s interested after asking her out over text.
6. The first date
There’s no need to overthink things when it comes to your first date with a girl you asked out over text. Just keep it simple and relaxed, and let the conversation flow naturally. The most important thing is to make sure you both have a good time. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your first date:
- Choose a casual location where you’ll feel comfortable talking and getting to know each other. A coffee shop or bar is usually a good choice.
- Dress comfortably, but don’t be afraid to show your style. You want to make a good impression, but you don’t want to be too uncomfortable.
- Be yourself! This is your chance to show her who you really are. Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
- Keep the conversation light and fun. Avoid controversial topics or anything that might make either of you feel uncomfortable.
- End the date on a positive note, with a hug or a kiss if you’re both interested. Finally, make sure you end the date on a positive note by saying something like “I had a great time, and I’d love to do this again.”This will leave her looking forward to seeing you again.
- If you do these things, then the rest is up to your chemistry together and whether or not you have a connection.
Asking a girl out over text can be a nerve-wracking experience, but by following the advice in this article, you’ll increase your chances of success. Keep your texts short and sweet, and make sure you pay attention to her responses to gauge her interest.
Once you’ve taken care of all the details and arranged an enjoyable date, tell her that you’re looking forward to going out with her by text.
And don’t forget – people check their phones 96 times a day or once every 10 minutes, so make sure your text messages stand out from the rest!